Re: A load of cold air

Subject: Re: A load of cold air
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:37:41
Just to throw in a late h'penny's worth: my plan is
 NASA scoop (from Vans) in the LH front/lower cowl, 2" SCAT to a/c spruce valve
(as
firewall shut-off), more SCAT to molded adaptor (isn't this foam glass stuff
wonderful!)on the back of a Citroen on/off/direction interior air outlet (ex
written
off
BX) with 1.5" SCAT plumbed off to a similar setup on t'other side. Pilot's
outlet
is in
the center of the lower (strip) panel, passenger's outlet is "under" the
shelf...
more
foam and glass. No wonder it's taking so long...

The un-answered question is the outlets - with a sealed bottom (taildragger
configuration)I'm speculating that the holes in the aft bulkhead and tail will
be
enough. I suspect that the air coming in the wheel well is pressurising the aft
fuselage, hence the flow direction.
Any of you trigear chaps looked at it yet?

If any one (eventually) wants any pix, email me off list.

Back to the grind/dust/resin/and er stuff that rules my life

Miles

> Brian Hutchinson wrote:
>
> Mike Dolphin wrote:
>
> 'Twas I wot put a naca vent in the roof and ....yes it sucks!! .  Ive managed
to fit
> an aerodynamic tweak, however, another solution is a free air scoop that you
can open
> 'n close as required, seen one of these in action, its elegant and it
> works(even
in a