No Subject

Subject: No Subject
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 19:29:21
Hi! Brian.
As you may be aware G-PTAG has a Naca vent on the port
side of the bottom cowl for  engine intake air. It was also of a size
adequate to split air to a dedicated supply to oil cooler. Since I didn't
need the bleed off to oil cooler I have routed through the P1 Footwell
through a butterfly control box. It provides one hell of a blast of cold air
to the P1 position and being on the side of the cowl it doesn't get standing
rain water in it . I don't think you could expect to get air into the
cockpit from your suggested position since you would have a "venturi" effect
sucking air out of the cockpit.
much better to get a ram air effect from a forward position.
regards
Bob H  G-PTAG