Re: Flap root peal ply?

Subject: Re: Flap root peal ply?
From: Rob Housman <ROBHOUSMAN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 07:32:23
Since I made the flaps, not the factory, I can't comment on how the factory
builds flaps but I can tell you that the folks at Europa built my XS wings
using invisible peel ply (white with no stripes) on the root rib.  I
discovered this by accident when I found a slight "imperfection"  in the
glass work just prior to adding the many layers of reinforcing glass to the
rib-spar intersection.  I understood that the factory had abandoned the
rather dangerous practice of using invisible peel ply, a practice made even
more dangerous by using the stuff in places requiring structural
reinforcement where the manual gives no indication that any peel ply is
present.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070