Re: Lower cost carb heat solution?

Subject: Re: Lower cost carb heat solution?
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:16:58
What's you source for the cabin heat?  There must be a reason they
typically do it on production aircraft they way the do.  My guess is
that if it's not hot enough, it may not work timely enough if at all,
and could even cause icing (and engine stoppage) that isn't really the
cause of the engine roughness.  IOW, how long will one keep the heat
applied, causing further power reduction, without knowing it's going
to cure the problem?  Also if the source is engine coolant, it not
available until fully warmed up.

Regards,
Fred F., A063