RE: Guernsey Air Rally 2001

Subject: RE: Guernsey Air Rally 2001
From: DaveBuzz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 07:59:22
hello Bob,
  I appreciate that a bit of experience is useful before running any fly-out,
but
the bottom line is someone will put in time and effort to organise (ie research
and book accomodation, give suggestions for routes, generally offer to arrange
paperwork for the group such as permissions required for overseas flying,
and liase with the destination airfield/customs/      (b)eurocrats(!) etc),
and the paperwork and problems do go up exponentially. If someone wants to
organise
a fly out its not unreasonable to expect a limit - they want to enjoy the
event too!
  Unfortunately you sometimes find a large variation in peoples accomodation
expectations,
and it is naturally easier with a smaller group.
  There is the club trip to France later in the year, and I plan to visit Epinal
in July, to which your quite welcome to fly down with me, but bring a tent and
sleeping bag!
  When are you planning to visit Bavaria, and where?
  3 june, check the next club mag, it'll be my first 'organisational attempt' -
gotta start sometime...

chus,
dave
ps.  O