AoA

Subject: AoA
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:56:09
Forwarded from bounce bin. Message is from
"Fergkyle" <ve3lvo@rac.ca>

Cheers:
        If I remember correctly, the L-1011 TriStar "Alpha Angle" system
(AoA) became active at first flap selection, through to landing - mostly for
guaranteeing proper attitude for approach with changing flap selections.
Lockheed told us it was not worth running at cruise (although it might have
saved a few reputations in autoflight regime into turbulence). I think it
was the small rate of change of angle with higher speeds whut done it.
Happy landings
Ferg