intro and transponders

Subject: intro and transponders
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:31:27
Forwarded from the bounce bin. Message is from
"Patrick" <trak1@globalnet.co.uk>

Guess I'd better re-introduce myself since I've not been on this group for a
couple of years. Built kit 69 G-PATZ mono classic and been happily flying
for a bit over a year. Not as much as I'd hoped but then again optimism was
always my weakness.

And now for my request for help. Can anyone recommend someone in U.K. who
can put the smoke back in a Garmin Transponder. After only 70 hours it
decided to give up and fry a couple of components on the board. Quite upset
the best weekend's flying weather for ages! Still in spite of the expensive
scent had a great weekend's flying that was much needed. Withdrawal symptoms
were beginning to hurt.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated

Patrick Griffin