Rudder forward and old engine installation kit

Subject: Rudder forward and old engine installation kit
From: Dr. Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:25:41
Dear Europa builders:

I am building the styro MK-1 version and by far prefer the old
engine installation before the XS cowl came along. Can you please
comment ont he following questins:

1) I like to move the rudder pedals as much as possible forward.
With the old engine installation I understand that the engine might
be a bit lower and closer to the firewall than with the XS. Has
someone moved the pedals forward and how much is possible
before you hit the engine?

2) It seems that EUROPA has ceased to produce a MK-1 "classic"
engine installation kit, mainly because they cannot produce the
two radiators as required. Besides the notion that some of the
many MK-1 builders might require possible replacement in the
future the old kit is not offered any more. Is someone considering
going XS firewall forward and selling your old kit to me? Please let
me know, reasonable offers accepted.

Thanks,

Christoph Both UK #223, Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada