Re: HLP - Ailerons again!

Subject: Re: HLP - Ailerons again!
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 08:53:32
> Keith Tallent wrote --
>
> > PROBLEM 2
> > Aileron trailing edge after removal of peel ply - two or three strands of
> > peel ply left at foam edge.
>
> Consider taking all your blue peel ply to a trash can and verifying
> the law of gravity.  You should be able to buy 1", 2.7 oz or so proper
> Dacron peel ply (get some 2" while yer at it -- will come in handy).
> None of those annoying stands coming off the edges either.  I get it
> from Wicks Airraft here in the US.

I bought some of that - and regretted using it.  It is thicker than the
blue peel ply (I assume the 2.7 oz is the thickness I got from Wicks), so
that when I used it on the inside of a flange it caused it to have a tiny
air gap adjacent to it and the flange bulges out slightly.  Currently I use
the Dacron for all outside applications and the blue peel ply for anything
which could affect shape.

Brian