Rapid (5 minute) epoxy mixing ratio

Subject: Rapid (5 minute) epoxy mixing ratio
From: JLW <jeffw@Telebyte.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:21:51
Hello all.

    The construction manual as well as other separate information is
quite specific about the mixing ratios of the Araldite 420, but I have
not seen specific information about the Araldite 2012, more commonly
known as 'Rapid' or 5 minute epoxy.  The Araldite 2012 epoxy as supplied
in the kit, comes in a box with two equal sized tubes.  I have not been
able to locate any information regarding the mixing ration of this
product.  It doesn't say on the box, nor with the literature that comes
with the epoxy.  I also could not locate it on the Araldite web site.
Should one assume that since it comes in equal sized tubes, that it is
supposed to be a 50/50 mixed product?  I glued some test pieces of steel
and other things together (with a little flox) using a 50/50 mix.  It
seems to have worked, and the working time was in the 5 - 8 minute
range.  After that, it got quite rigid quite fast!

    Jeff A191