Re: Wing Fairings

Subject: Re: Wing Fairings
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 22:07:43
>Do remember that if you make a socket for the fairings on the fuselage side
>then leave enough space for the fairings to slide over the edge of the
>socket. Pulling 3g without the ability of the fairing to slide out of the
>socket results in rather alarming noises when it does pop out over the lip.

That's funny, I never had that happen, but maybe I never pulled 3 G. The
fillets are designed to be flexible enough to accommodate the small amount
of movement at the wing root under load. It would be nice if someone could
tell us what deflection to expect per G. I must try and work it out.

I guess I do need to include a sketch of the chamfer on the edges to make
them ride over the edges of the sockets.

Graham