RE: Wing Fairings

Subject: RE: Wing Fairings
From: Rob Housman <robh@hyperionef.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 07:36:30

45 CENTImeters????!!!!

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Klaus Dietrich

we made a static load test on the assembled plane at 3,8 g and the
deflection of the wing at 3,8g was 45 cm measured at the wing tip.
I have also Graham's moldings and no problems or cracks during the +400 hrs
flown...
Klaus
Graham Singleton wrote:
>The deflection of the fuselage sides under the loads passed into them by
the
>forward
>wing lift pins is 0.21 degrees per `g`. Don`t know how much the wings flex
>though.
>
>Duncan McFadyean
Thanks for that, Duncan. The wing deflection is probably largely due to the
bending of the spar stubs between the two spar pins. All very complicated
and too many variables.
I will ask Andy next time I have access to his ear.
Graham