Aileron Washout

Subject: Aileron Washout
From: Keith Tallent <ktallent@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 12:17:53
Hi All
Happy Xmas

Just trying out my new toy (my digital spirit level) and I am a little
confused.
In the XS Tri-Gear manual it gives two figures for the aileron washout 0.9
degrees (start of the chapter) and 1.1 degrees (end of the chapter)!
Which figure should I use?

Basically when my core is in the jig on my bench I get a reading of 7.1
degrees at the root
so am I looking for 6.0 degrees or 6.2 degrees at the tip?
(I am currently getting 5.7 degrees, so it needs shimming anyway)

I look forward to hearing from one of you soon!

regards
Keith Tallent
No. 221
XS Tri Gear