Re: Hot manifolds Batman?

Subject: Re: Hot manifolds Batman?
From: JLW <jeffw@Telebyte.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:02:47
Dave.

    I don't know what 'exhaust glazed' means, but I don't think it is the same
thing as ceramic coating.  Did you read the treatise on the subject that Fred
Fillinger provided?

    I have used Jet Hot coating for a variety of parts, including headers.  The
stuff is gorgeous, and damn near indestructible!  There are a variety of colors
available too.  Jet Hot does coat inside and out, as does HPC.  Under hood
temps are greatly reduced.  You can lay your hands on the headers in only a few
minutes after the engine is turned off.  My current headers on my 96 Impala SS
have been coated for about three years.  They look the same today as the day I
installed them.  I flat love the stuff.  I'd Jet Hot coat my entire car if I
could afford it.  I expect there will be a variety of parts on my Europa I will
consider coating.

    JLW