Re: Exhaust sytem movement

Subject: Re: Exhaust sytem movement
From: BRYNALL@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 14:51:30
In a message dated 01/12/2000 20:26:02 GMT Standard Time, shauns@hevanet.com
writes:

<< Just a dumb thought - how many hours do you have on the engine?  Perhaps
the
 engine mounts have compressed and the engine has sagged slightly.  5mm is
 not much at all...

 Shaun Simpkins
 A >>
You certainly got me thinking there Shaun, but no is the answer!! I looked
carefully ay the mounts, etc., but the was no movement. Furthermore, the
exhaust system has moved away from the bottom of the engine. It is clear to
see that what was a small gap between the sump screw and the silencer is now
big enough to get my fingers in, whilst the gap between the bottom of the
silencer and the duct has disappeared on the starboard side.

It has happened to Graham Clark So there may be others out there.

Best regards  Bryan Allsop