Re: Pitot Testing, etc ??

Subject: Re: Pitot Testing, etc ??
From: Dave Simpson <DaveSimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 18:52:42
John,

I don't think that leaks of these sorts of magnitudes can result in
significant, or even measurable,  ASI errors.  The pitot head is being
supplied by incident air with a source of pressure (and flow if required)
which is effectively constant and which is easily maintained in the presence
of such small leaks.  Only when the leak results in a flow upstream of the
gauge of sufficient size that there is a pressure drop through the plumbing
as a result, can the leak result in ASI errors.  Remember the ASI is only
measuring pressure, not flow.

More likely positioning error.

Regards,

Dave Simpson