Re: Things that go bump in the flight/Carb ice?

Subject: Re: Things that go bump in the flight/Carb ice?
From: Dave DeFord <davedeford@home.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:07:21
I can't speak to operational issues affecting carb ice, as N135TD is still a
couple of months from flying, but I would like to put in a plug for the Sky
Drive carb heat kit from an installation viewpoint.  The kit is 100%
complete, the parts fit perfectly without fiddling, and the instructions are
very clear.  Since it doesn't reduce engine power while heating, we left out
the on/off valve, simplifying the installation down to a job of only a few
hours.  With a system that works even if the pilot isn't entirely on the
ball, it wasn't a difficult decision to add this to our 912S.

Dave DeFord
A135