Fast trim rates

Subject: Fast trim rates
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:35:21
Cheers,
        On the following:

>I asked a friend about this (electronics engineer) and his suggestion
> (if you are paranoid) is something along the lines of a "pulse width
> modulator" - infinitely variable, and doesn't drop the voltage (so full
> power regardless of speed) - does it by turning the motor off a greater
> or lesser degree per unit of time.

        Caution advised here. If the engineer means a 'chopper' to cut the
extent of a pulse length to the motor, it must be designed so that the
'chopping' doesn't give rise to sharp corners in its profile which
generate noise or inteference on radio antennas.
        I once found a 'dollar digital clock' pasted to an instrument panel in
a spamcan which drove the ADF wild. Accurate, but badly designed, it
radiated for yards.
Happy landings
Ferg A064