RE: Re: Europa filters

Subject: RE: Re: Europa filters
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 23:07:44
Hi! Kevin.
My guess is that your problem is swarf from cutting the holes in the tank.
The damn stuff is static susceptible and will not wash out ,I used a long
length of tube connected to a vacuum cleaner initially and believed I'd got
it all.(Dream on !) The best suggestion I've had to date is Tony K's
recommendation to burn the holes out with a soldering iron. On the question
of bubbles unless you are rewriting the physics books you are pulling air
---From a bad connection like a Jubilee clip that's too large for the diameter
it's being used on.
Andy Draper recently asked me to check my filters and we had only flown
about 3 hours and when asked what made him request a check he said it was a
just routine suggestion! I found the main filter about 40% blocked.! With
tank swarf .
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG