Gascolator cares

Subject: Gascolator cares
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 21:45:40
Cheers;
        Never fail to check all water drains AND sample the gascolator(s)
before every first takeoff. These are mandatory items in the Before
Start check on every plane I've flown since 1948.
        One day, it'll save your rump. Once, I found one system DRY. The tank
was empty, the lines evaporated - but the log showed both tanks topped
up to full! (The lazy lad had pre-logged the tankage and then forgot). I
probably would have chased up the empty tank on further walk-around -
but the drain put me onto it right away. Do it.
Happy takeoffs,
Ferg #A064
P.S:  ....and this would have been a formation trip.......