Re: Digital inclinometers

Subject: Re: Digital inclinometers
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 06:40:59
Not having started the kit yet, this raises the question:  what on the
airplane requires resolving angles more than 3 degrees out of level or plumb
to better than 0.5 degrees?  All I can think of is wing incidence, and
that's about 2.5 degrees.

It is interesting to note that the Kell-Strom technician I spoke to stated
that the sensor module in the PRO360 was exactly the same as in the
SmartTool.  The Kell-Strom is spec'd to +-0.1 degrees within 10 degrees of
level or plumb, and +-0.2 degrees elsewhere.  I don't know what the
SmartTool is spec'd at, not having a spec sheet available.  Perhaps it isn't
as tightly QA'd...

If you search the web, you can find several digital inclinometers using the
same basic sensor module and offering similar features.  The latest I
discovered was Mitutoyo, a Japanese metrology company.