Re: Digital inclinometers

Subject: Re: Digital inclinometers
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:37:34

Shaun Simpkins wrote:

> I just researched the market for digital inclinometers, since Aircraft
> Spruce offers two - one, by Kell-Strom, for about $200, and the SmartLevel
> (or SmartTool), for about $100.

I bought both... and think that the pro360 (which I now use daily) is worth the
extra: alt zero is very useful (although you have to think about how you use it
- it's possible to end up with 2X out of vertical error) and the hold feature
invaluable - but what convinced me to buy a second one is that the smartlevel is
accurate to 0.1 around level, go past 5 and the accuracy drops to something
like 0.5.

Miles