RE: Conversions pt or qt to cc

Subject: RE: Conversions pt or qt to cc
From: Rob Housman <robh@hyperionef.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:14:53
Note that Cliff Shaw's conversion factor is for US liquid pints (obviously
our UK friends would get the wrong answer if they assumed that this was for
Imperial measure).

The CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics gives the following conversions:

To convert from         to units of                multiply by
cu cm                         pints (US liquid)                0.0021133764 (the
reciprocal of 473.2)
cu cm                        quarts (US liquid)        0.0010566882
cu cm                        quarts (British)                0.0008798775

but for some reason the handbook doesn't mention British pints (which this
Yank presumes to be 1/2 of a British quart, ergo, multiply cu cm by
0.001759755).

It sure would be nice if the clowns in Congress did something useful like
mandate SI units (that's metric to you non-technical types) for the US.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070