Re: Berube Gear - more thoughts

Subject: Re: Berube Gear - more thoughts
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 14:28:41
>After looking at the Berubeand HB-YIB conventional gear photos again, and
>comparing them to other installations, I'm not convinced that this
>installation is as robust as the monowheel or trigear.

It isn't sensible to convert the monowheel attachment to standard
taildragger. The engine/gear mount and center console are too narrow to be
able to transmit asymmetric landing loads into the rest of the structure
without overloading the attachment.  One of the several neat things about
monowheels.

Graham