Re: Tightening of suspension bungee.

Subject: Re: Tightening of suspension bungee.
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 23:33:34
That sounds pretty clever, Bob.  I can add that what made a similar
approach easy for me was to do it outside the aircraft.  I affixed the
assembly upside down on a Black & Decker Workmate bench.  The amount
of weight on each length of bungee was computed by determining how
many falls I could fit, and in a Rube Goldberg setup I tensioned each
fall using weights from a barbell set suspended underneath the bench.

Bob Berube told me that to test, after engine mount, jump and push
down on the engine so one's weight is briefly on top.  Weight of
engine c. 175#; my weight same (at least on driver's license!)
Looking for 350# per my manual.

I figured if I came up shy, I'd just add another separate fall rather
than remove the ass'y and start over.  Didn't have to.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063