Re: Jabiru Pics

Subject: Re: Jabiru Pics
From: Eddie <bizzarro@easynet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:43:04
Rob Waters wrote:

> Ed,
>
> So am I correct in assuming that you have purchased a Jabiru 3300. If so, did
> you get the full f/w forward kit from Jabiru including cowls etc.
>
> Regards
>
> Rob

Yes, that is correct. The only problem might be the engine mount. The
PFA were not happy with Bob Harrison's mount, but the Jabiru mount looks
---From the pictures to be even less substantial. I really hope that I am
wrong right now. They want to see a stress analysis of the Jabiru mount,
and when we contacted the factory, it became clear that they hadn't done
one. They could provide no figures. Lucky for us, my collegue has access
to the expertise necessary.

So the worst case situation is that we may have to redesign or modify
the mount. Time will tell whether a rushed pre GST purchace was
worthwhile or not.

Cheers
Eddie