Re: Flying: Engine reliability

Subject: Re: Flying: Engine reliability
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 13:04:16
Message text written by "ami mcfadyean"
>OK, so long as your vapour locks are downstream of the primer bulb.
The problem is that vapour locks are best cleared by blowing them through,
rather than trying to suck them through. Sucking may just compound the
problem. Many of the constrictions in a Europa system (eg tank outlets,
filters and
cock) are on the upstream side.<

The primer bulb is the first item in the line after an individual shut -off
valve at the tank outlet. I am also using Andair gascolators which I
believe are much less likely to clog than the standard filters.

>What head of fuel will your primer bulb pull against? By way of
comparison,
a roller cell pump is not recommended for more than 2` on its suction-side,
although in reality can pull more.<

Primer bulbs will normally pull from above a tank (eg. portable outboard
motor tanks) so it should cope with any fuel level in the Europa tank.

Nigel Charles