Low cost tool for open barrel pins . . .

Subject: Low cost tool for open barrel pins . . .
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 00:40:42
I've been looking at several sources for a low cost tool
to install the open barrel (sheet metal pins) common to
the Whelen strobe kits, and available from Radio Shack
in blister-paked mating pairs.

I've decide on a tool to stock. You can see a preliminary
instruction sheet on its use at:

http://www.aeroelectric.com/articles/matenlok/matenlok.html

As soon as we have the OBC-1 in stock for shipment, we'll add
them to the website catalog index and drop a note to the
lists. In the mean time, if the instructions prompt
any questions for which answers are not obvious, let me
know. I'll be pleased to adjust the text and photos as necessary
to maximize understanding of the tool's utility for everyone.

BTW, this tool will also install the open barrel standard
d-sub pins. Been learning to use a new digital camera that
makes it MUCH easier to produce the illustrated instruction
sheets.  Let me know what you think.

     Bob . . .
     ( Knowing about a thing is different than  )
     ( understanding it. One can know a lot     )
     ( and still understand nothing.            )
     (                     C.F. Kettering       )
           http://www.aeroelectric.com