Quick Drain "O" Rings

Subject: Quick Drain "O" Rings
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 22:03:52

Today at the airport Cliff & I were draining the fuel from the airplane in
preparation for weighing - when one of the Europa supplied quick drains
wouldn't reseal.  Closer examination showed the "O" Ring seal totally eaten
away.  While we were very careful to keep the fuel system alcohol proof (for
auto gas) this is one item that was missed.  Fuel has only been in the
system for about a month.  So be aware that these "aircraft" quality
fittings are not designed for auto gas - at least not the stuff that passes
for gas nowdays!

Bob Jacobsen
A131