Re: Forward cockpit module footwell flange

Subject: Re: Forward cockpit module footwell flange
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 22:29:56
Hi, Steve --

The rudder pedal "floor" needs to level, fore/aft
and, especially, left/right.  So, you need only
one measurement -- at a corner of the rudder pedal
floor.  On mine, the height from the horizontal
part of the flange (unbonded side) to the top of
the rudder floor, measured at the inboard,
vertical part of footwell is 3-1/8".

If you cut that flange at the cut line, you should
be OK.  It does not come out even with the
outboard side flange (the manual drawings of the
module are a bit simplified).  You may even need
to trim some more away when installing the floors.

Now mix up that Redux and bond away....

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063, N3EU