Re: AW: Plastic Brake Lines

Subject: Re: AW: Plastic Brake Lines
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:00:06
Thomas Scherer wrote (in part) --

> I don't feel this would be too much of a danger as you still
> have one more brake and - if you're fast - the effect of the
> rudder or - if you're slow - the tendency of the nosewheel to
> track.
>
> It happened to me again and I had no problem stopping.

I agree generally with your conclusions (have AA-5
with free-castering nosewheel), but I was thinking
as long as I haven't installed the lines yet, is
there a better way....

I also have a dual-valve parking brake.

Story: I was parked on a crowded ramp, with
parking brake set (no chocks to be found).  One
side decided to stop working (mechanical
arrangement).  When a wind gust arrived, I sat
helplessly in the restaurant as I watched my bird
pirouette on one wheel and stop inches from a
Beech Debonair with a PT-6 turboprop and fresh
poly paint.  Ya' never know, but people like that
can really get mad when you prang their airplane!

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, N3EU