Rear Tufnol Bearing

Subject: Rear Tufnol Bearing
From: Olaf Asmis <oasmis@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 16:12:28
I don't know if there is an easy answer to my question, but I'll ask it
anyway.
My Europa project is coming along very well, and I am presently working
on installing the rudder control pedals.
While reviewing my work, and checking the freedom of movement of the
port side
control stick, I detected a faint "clicking" sound, while going through
the aileron
motion. This was traced down to the rear tufnol bearing (CS06). It turns
out, that
the diameter of the opening for the rear bush (CS06) is slightly too
large, causing
a tiny lateral motion of  of the CS06 bushing. The movement is free and
smooth
otherwise.
The question then is, what can I do to take out this extra play ?
Is there some not too difficult method of inserting a shim into CS06
bearing or around
CS07 rear bush? Or is there some other way to reduce the diameter of
CS06 ,
short of replacing it?  (Please Noooo!!!!)
Thanks in advance for any advice,

Regards,
Olaf  Asmis