Re: Landing gear mounting frame alignment

Subject: Re: Landing gear mounting frame alignment
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 20:52:06
William McClellan wrote (in part):

> Since the engine mounts to this frame, it probably is more important
> that the engine thrust line is in the right orientation to the
> fuselage centerline.  I don't have the specific information on engine >
> installation
to know how finally aligning the engine comes into play.

The installation procedure for the Rotax engine
has you verifying the cant of the engine to the
right by 1.5 deg.  If not, it is adjusted with
AN960 washers.  My manual says the top horizontal
tube should be parallel to the firewall also, but
mine was not (and Bob at Lakeland said not to
worry).  Just make the two side tubes parallel
with the firewall.  Mine came out very close to
1.5 deg. before shimming.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063