Re: Landing gear mounting frame alignment

Subject: Re: Landing gear mounting frame alignment
From: ami mcfadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 21:02:18
I agree with your analysis. It is the alignment of the lower horizontal tube
of the frame (ie the one that the swing arm pivots on) that is critical to
the monowheel being where it should be.

Nevertheless, most Europas I`ve seen (including mine ) have a built-in
camber on the monowheel; there`s very little that can be done about it
 either before or after); but the axial alignment of the cockpit module can
have a bearing on it. So many compromises to consider!!

Duncan McFadyean