Re: aircraft destroyed

Subject: Re: aircraft destroyed
From: DaveBuzz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 06:18:42
<< The obvious thing that you are missing is that you often _give_ an
uncomfortable
 static discharge to your car. Unless your car has a plastic body (hands up
 anyone on the list with a quad-wheel Europa?) anything that you touch on it
will
 most likely already be grounded. >>

 ok, my hands are up, I drive a 'French Trabbant' (or Renault Espace to those
in the know!), and have often exchanged sparks with the door window frame
(metal) but also the door itself, which is a form of grp like the rest of the
body panels. Its generally on getting out after a long drive, and in dry,
high pressure weather conditions - quite impressive at night too.
  When filling the plane from a can i always use a large plastic funnel with
filter incorporated: does anyone know if this would lower the chances of a
static discharge?

chus, dave
g-bxum