aircraft destroyed

Subject: aircraft destroyed
From: Harald Linke <Delphimed@tonline.de>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 13:27:41

Dear Europa Flyers,

what Barry reported is quite true. So far I can't tell details because the
investigation of the insurance company is coming tomorrow.

After flying approx. 170 hours with Europa G-BWDP in 3 years and a happy flight

on Saturday to Dessau (Junkers Museum there) and back Sunday noon at homebase
Luebeck airport we Jens Brockmann and I had a fire incident with our aircraft.

After parking the Europa on the parking place we refuelled DP with unleaded
mogas via can. We were nearly ready as an static discharge started fire over the

rear fuselage. We killed the fire soon, but....the Europa has now a badly
deformed upper and under fuselage. Total destroyed is also the left elevator.

Dear Europa Squadron, please understand that we are now waiting on inquiries of

the insurance damage department.
I will inform you later on.

Best greetings to you

Harald