Fuel Vent Location

Subject: Fuel Vent Location
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 19:33:44
Since we are on the subject of fueling - I thought I might mention the fuel
vent/fill location.  With the vent on the top of the fuselage the vapors
coming out of the vent would travel down the fuselage side right past the
fuel fill.  It would seem a static spark would have an easier time setting
off these vapors than liquid fuel in the tank.

I have noticed that when fueling the factory U.S. demonstator they hook a
tube to the vent and run it down the side to the ground.  It keeps the fuel
---From running down the paint also.  Personally I moved my vent to the belly
to avoid this problem altogether.

Bob Jacobsen
A131

(p.s. put a couple new pics on my web site today www.galaxyhobby.com)