Re: Aileron trim servo location

Subject: Re: Aileron trim servo location
From: Rob Waters <robw@iprolink.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 18:43:21

carl@photos.prestel.co.uk wrote:

>  Would it be possible to effect aileron trim using the same principle (ie-
>  the spring taking the sideways load that would otherwise be taken by the
>  pilots arm ).

Carl,

That thought has also crossed my mind. I'm glad that this issue is
getting some discussion, and if anyone knows of a flaw in using this
alternative method, they will let us know.

I've seen what Tony K has done for his aileron trim and he has done a
great job, but it did take quite a bit of work (and a spare aileron as a
test piece). It will give finger-tip control and should be pretty
precise, but it is another thing to go wrong, and does spoil the lovely
lines of the wing a little.

I was hoping to incorporate something to load the control one way or the
other, possibly using a light bungee cord, tensioned with a lever or
wheel.

Rob Waters

kit 437