Re: Odyssey Battery - Voltage Regulator

Subject: Re: Odyssey Battery - Voltage Regulator
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 10:24:16
<bryan.jones@lyondell-citgo.com>

>Isn't the Odyssey a dry cell type battery?  If so, what type voltage
>regulator does it require?  Same as for lead-acid battery?

   The Odyssey is not a dry cell, it has liquid water and
   sulphuric acid in it. It's also a lead-acid battery.
   It requires no special attention in terms of voltage
   regulation.

   see http://www.aeroelectric.com/articles/rg_bat.html

   The majority of my builders are using a 17 a.h. recombinant gas
   batteries which which can be found on hte following links.

   These batteries can be purchased from a variety of battery
   specialty shops. We have some little convenience store sized
   Battery Patrols around Wichita that handle these batteries
   for $60-70 each.

   Powersonic: PS-12180
   http://www.power-sonic.com/12180.html

   Hawker: Check out the first 6 batteries on this page . . .
   http://www.hepi.com/products/genesis/genprod.htm

   Panasonic: particularly the LCRD1271P

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial_oem/battery/battery_oem/images/pdf/lc-rd
1217p.pdf

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial_oem/battery/battery_oem/chem/seal/seal.htm

   Yuasa-Exide: Check out the NP18-12B at this site . . .
   http://www.yuasa-exide.com/np-prod.html

   Handle these like any other lead-acid battery. Bus volts no
   less than 13.8 - 14.2 is about ideal - no more than 14.6

       Bob . . .

     ( Knowing about a thing is different than  )
     ( understanding it. One can know a lot     )
     ( still understand knothing.               )
     (                     C.F. Kettering       )
       http://www.aeroelectric.com