GOLDWING AVIATION

Subject: GOLDWING AVIATION
From: Nigel Graham <NigelGraham@intercept.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:08:11
Rob,

I read you posting with envy. How did you manage to acquire so much hardware
out of GOLDWING?

Having paid in full for a twin strobe last May (coming up to my first
anniversary), I received a package "out of the blue"  containing just the
strobe heads ....nothing else, no electronics, no instructions, no
explanation for the part delivery and of course, no answers to my many
telephone calls.

I am now firmly convinced that in my opinion, Mr John Bourne is obtaining
money by deliberate fraud. (I re-iterate "my opinion")

So what do we do? If we club together and take him to court, the ruling will
inevitably go in our favour, but it is highly unlikely that any of us will
see our money back.
One or two larger victims  could re-programme him with a big stick, that
would get my support, but I dare say some of the more politically correct
amongst you might object.

More seriously, since the strobes work remarkably well by all accounts and
since there would appear to be high proportion of electronics engineers
within the Europa community, why don't we work together, get hold of a
complete strobe set and reverse engineer it? I can (and would happily)
design the PCB and arrange the bare board production. Assembly would not be
a problem. We could then sell them at cost plus a small profit margin. That
margin would be used to re-imburse or complete the orders of those having
received nothing or very little.

Mr Bourne has forfeited any right to the intellectual property. Indeed we
might argue that we have collectively bought the rights.

One last thought. Goldwing Aviation is presumably registered for VAT. Since
Mr Bourne failed to issue  receipts, I would be very surprised indeed if he
has paid a penny to the Customs an Excise from the monies received from us
for those strobes. I have a sneaking suspicion C & E would be very
interested indeed to hear about that. We might not get any money back but
they certainly would. Hell hath no fury like a customer conned.

If you have been conned, now is your chance to do something. If you do
nothing, you'll get nothing. I would be interested to hear from anybody
waiting for strobes, or bits of strobes from Goldwing Aviation.

Nigel Graham