Re: Fuel system installation on the XS

Subject: Re: Fuel system installation on the XS
From: Paul & Liz Atkinson <paulliz@cix.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 06:47:26
In article
<NBBBLPLEALENHBOLKIPHIENDCBAA.ian@robson54.freeserve.co
.uk>, ian@robson54.freeserve.co.uk (Ian Robson) wrote:

> Secondly what is the considered opinion out there
about the Andair fuel
> valve over the unit supplied with the kit - it seems
to be sensible to
> have
> a unit which requires a consciously different
movement to select the off
> position - again any thoughts particularly from those
who might have
> fitted
> this item.

Ian
I haven't fitted one yet but intend to. I am not happy
with the detents on the supplied one. It seems to me
that it would be very easy to select it, or knock it,
out of detent which could restrict fuel flow (I would
appreciate anyone's opinion on this who is already
flying). The other feature that I like about the Andair
is that it requires an extra action to turn the fuel
off.

Has anyone re-sited the selector so that is accessible
---From both seats? Any opinions on whether this is worth
doing would be welcome.

Paul Atkinson