Re: Continental O-200

Subject: Re: Continental O-200
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:59:48
> Roelf Theron wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Can anyone tell me whether it will be possible
> to install a Continental O-200 motor in my
> Europa ?
> A few years ago it was said that Bob Berube was
> going to install an 0-200 in the US trigear
> demonstrator.
> Did it work ? Any response will be appreciated.

Hi, Roelf --

I could be inaccurate here, but as I recall Bob
explaining it to me,
a) The O-200 was installed; b) he could not seek
FAA approval, as he couldn't get the thing into CG
range unless the fuel tank was close to full; c)
thus it never flew.  In other words, the O-200 was
too heavy.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063