Re: (no subject)

Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 00:15:17
>Greetings All,
>
>I am not comfortable with  the fuel tank mod  with the tube running to
>the back and having to drain water running up hill.   Has anyone been
>sucessful in inserting a fitting directly in the bottom of
>the tank?  How did you seal it?  I have been toying with the idea of
>fabricating a compression fitting.  Does any premade fitting exist that
>would do the job?

I wanted to do the same thing but couldn't find one. It should be possible
to design and make a compression fitting without too much trouble that
would accept a normal drain valve. It would need a hexagon hole to take
a  hex wrench for tightening the nut, which I guess would be on the
outside. There would be an O ring on a short parallel section of the barrel
sealing  against the bottom of the tank and compressed by the nut. Maybe
also some sharp concentric rings on the sealing face of the internal flange
to crush into the tank, care needed here though to avoid cutting the tank.
Just thinking aloud {{?:-)

Graham