RE: Australian Jabiru powered Europa

Subject: RE: Australian Jabiru powered Europa
From: Plantragg Developments <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:38:05
Hi! Eddie and Associates, Happy 2000. My specimen has just been upholstered
 but I am struggling to get on with the Panel wiring - trying to combine
the Jabiru diagram and the Rotax diagram since there are benefits in both .
Painting is complete so it's looking good. I have had to abandon plans for
cockpit heat from any muffler arrangement round the exhaust system. I had
previously installed the oil cooler on the bottom of the bottom cowl  so
now I have constructed a funnel to catch  the warm air from this to both
foot wells. Also routed a length of scat hose from the carb air intake NACA
vent on the port side lower cowl and aimed it at the oil cooler so I am
sure it will work. (the Naca vent was much bigger than needed for the Bing
Carb) There is quite a lot of room in the bottom cowl which is very useful.
except there is a debate from the Aussies that I've got the exhaust wrong
way up !!!!because I need two spacers to prevent it being hard on the carb
heat shield. This remains to be seen.
Regards
Bob Harrison Kit 337 Europa /Jabiru3300 G-PTAG