Engine Sensors

Subject: Engine Sensors
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 16:15:48
Hi,
I have been asked by the company furnishing an engine monitoring system to
specify the thread size for a water temperature probe. I will be using the
912S. Since there is no provisions for a water temp probe, where and how to
mount such a probe? Do I even need it with 2 CHT pickups already in place?
Are these two probes already threaded into a water jacket? I'd feel more
comfortable monitoring both CHT and water temp. What do you all think? I
realize there has been some discussion of this in the past months but I
somehow missed part of the responses.

 Also EGT; since my exhaust system did not arrive yet will it have the welded
bosses for a threaded fitting or will I have to drill holes in the pipes to
fit the clamp on type. And do I use the 1/2" or the 1" EGT probes?

Carburetor Temp- Is this necessary? How would a sensor be mounted, especially
since you've got two to deal with? What thread size is appropriate?

Thanks to everyone for all your help. Hope you all have a very Happy New
Year/Century/Millenium! :)

Troy Maynor