message addressing [was: VNE...]

Subject: message addressing [was: VNE...]
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:45:12

>Kim actually was the very first person to reply to my original post.
>However, I
>(accidentally)
>deleted his message shortly after receiving it.

Now if Kim had set his email client to "reply to all" for that
message (as advised in FAQ V16 Q5) we would all have seen and
benefitted from his response, and anyone on the list could have
re-sent a copy to you.

Sorry about the extra work in choosing "reply-to-all" but although
AVNet runs this list for free, they don't provide the latest and most
capable software to run the list ....

Personally I have my e-mail client (Eudora Pro 4.2.2) permanently set
to "reply-to-all" by default, and that seems to work fine for most
situations anyway. I only have to edit the "To:" header line
occasionally.

regards

Rowland

           ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...