Re: VNE...

Subject: Re: VNE...
From: Andy Draper <ANDY@europaaircraft.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:39:42
Dear John

You could argue that the 200mph claim is marketing hype, however it is
true as well.  The Europa, with a 914 engine fitted, will happily cruise
at 140Kts at sea level.  Open the throttlr wide to get max continuous
power and you'll not be far off Vne of 165Kts,
especially with the fairings kit added.  I would not expect you'd want
to operate an aircraft in this manner as a matter of course.

Best regards

Andy
Techncial Manager
Andy@europa-aircraft.com

>>> =22John Fuston=22 <John_Fuston=40norstanconsult.com> 12/15/99 02:26am  >>>
Thanks for all of the replies to my VNE question.  However I, like Ernie,  am
confused.

I=27m looking for something that is capable of cruise at or around 200mph.   I
understand that
the current recommended powerplants won=27t provide this speed.  However,  what
about the
airframe?  What is maximum speed - - - errr VNE - - - before you enter the
danger zone?

What=27s the deal here?  Is this just marketing hype???

- John
(Potential Builder)

The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK - info=40avnet.co.uk