Re: re: 75% Power

Subject: Re: re: 75% Power
From: Jerry Davis <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:11:15

If you didn't have the 914 you could fit a fuel flow meter. I use mine
as an indication of power. I cruise C 125 kts at 13.5 litres per hour.
That would equate to 13.5/22 thats 61%.

Looking at it another way you might be able to use your top speed. Speed
versus power is I think a cube relationship therefore for my max speed
which is around 150 kts ( If I haven't taped up the wing fuselage
joints, spat joints etc. ) 61% cube rooted gives a factor of 0.85 which
yields a speed of 127 kts.

Well its close.

      Power Factor
      100% 1.00