re: 75% Power

Subject: re: 75% Power
From: Bradley Day <bjday@rdmcorp.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 00:07:40

Garry,

I was also wondering the exact same things about cruise speeds.
For what it's worth, I found some good info and data sheets
on the Rotax engines at this web site:

http://www.kodiakbs.com/prodlisting.htm

If you look under "Typical Engine Weights/Performance Data"
for the 4-stroke engines, it gives a table of power settings.
There's a column for 75%, but I'm not sure how they equate
75% with 5000 RPM, exactly. The impression I get from the
data sheets is that the maximum continuous power of the
914-UL is 100 hp at 5500 RPM, but I don't see anyone
recommending doing that. I'm still trying to make some sense
of all this information.

B J Day

bjday@rdmcorp.com (Bradley Day)  (519) 746-8483 x-330  Fax 746-3317
RDM Corporation