Re: Connect/Disconnects

Subject: Re: Connect/Disconnects
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:31:05

>What should I get for connecting/disconnecting the RG-400 coax coming
>from my nav antenna in the wing to the same cable coming from my nav
>radio in the fuselage?  Weather proof connectors are a plus.  I do have
>a coax crimping tool.  This means, of course, that the best suggestion
>will not require crimping. <g>

  The crimp style cable-female/cable-male joints like those
  shown in our catalog  . .

  http://www.aeroelecric.com/Catalog/catalog.html

  . . .  would do the trick. Also, there are bulkhead
  mountable female connectors that might be more useful
  in securing one of the two connectors to either a
  wing root or fuselage mounting of some kind. While
  not suitable for dripping moisture environments, these
  connectors are sufficiently tight to provide needed
  integrity in the proposed application.

       Bob . . .